Friday, December 16, 2011

It is indeed A Wonderful Life

The past few days we have been watching Frank Capra's movie "It's a Wonderful Life" in class and I have thoroughly enjoyed myself with this movie. I have always heard nothing but good things about this Christmas classic yet i am not a big TV person so I had never seen it before. Although, I always hear people chat about how they have watched this movie on television throughout the holiday season every year. At first I thought this movie was a little bit cheesy because it started out with what looked like stars but they were glowing and talking, we later find out that they are angels and that is what sets up the whole context for the movie. I believe the reason I liked and respected this film so much was because we read the original short story it was written after "The Greatest Gift". While they had many similarities, Capra's film was also very different from this short story as well. He unleashed a fantastic inspirational film that has a phenomenal ending, it truly moves.Despite the fact I usually don't prefer the movies that I watch be in black and white; this film truly rocked it. I was just extremely incredible.
This film featured John Stewart, Donna Reed and Lionel Barrymore. (Yes that is a family member of Drew Barrymore, incase you were wondering). John Stewart and Donna Reed has great chemistry throughout the whole movie and it really did show.
I would give this movie a 4.5 stars out of 5. The only reason it is not a five is because I still feel like there is something missing from the movie that could have made it from great to spectacular.

No comments:

Post a Comment