Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Kids

Throughout my Spring Break i watched a number of movies, all of which were movies that I enjoy. However there was one movie in particular that stuck in my mind and made me want to share it with others, because of it's extreme irony. This movie was Kids that was released in 1995. This movie had been suggested to me by a number of friends that I knew had good taste in movies. This film is a brief story of an HIV-positive young skateboarder teen named Telly that is out to have sex with as many virgins as he possibly can. While he is out doing that one of the girls that he had sex with goes to check herself out at the clinic for STD's and she comes up HIV-positive and knows that it from Telly. After she figured this out she quickly attempts to try and stop Telly's next victim from having the same fate as her, unfortunately she is too late.
This movie was directed by Larry Clark, who also directed Ken Park in 2002, Bully in 2001, and Wassup Rockers in 2005. Although Lary Clark is most famous for the movie Kids.This film featured Leo Fitzgerald as Telly, the main character and antagonist and Chloe Sevigny as Jenny, the protagonist.
I very much so enjoyed the movie; however, the filming was very mediocre and the story line somewhat unrealistic. This movie possesed very good acting from the protagonist Jenny, throughout the movie I felt myself empathizing with her for her current situation. The music was nothing specatcular, and I enjoyed the cinematography. Over all I would give this movie a 3.5 Stars out of 5 Stars. I would reccomend this movie because it very well describes the reprocussions of unsafe sexual activity.

No comments:

Post a Comment